
The shirt was quick, get-to-the point, and grabbed your attention. It was also true.
The idea of "Sex Sells" has caused years of controversey blending the lines of what's appropriate, what's necessary, and what's our personal right. From the exploitation of the female gender, to public indecency, to the now easily-accessible loss of innocence of children, there are times when the label has made it's mark (usually of negative influence) in both history and law.
If America wasn't so taboo about the subject and sex-crazy whenever any display of sexual nature appeared such measures wouldn't be necessary to get the much needed attention of important issues. There are times I, too, agree it's necessary. In 2004, when this article and t-shirt came around, it was a critical time when we were at war and economically struggling as a country. We recovered from terrible tragedy after tragedy joining our hands together as one to rebuild from the horrific 9-11 disaster that forever changed our world and state of minds. The 2004 election was one of the most important elections to have come around since, well for me, arguably Abraham Lincoln's.
Now having gone through another four years of war, four years of detruction, four years of little done for improvement and rebuilding of our economy, this election is just as critical.
Soooo, where am I going with this?
Sex Sells Votes of course.
Last week, a group of people decided to gather around and create a music video now supporting candidates. In particular (the start of the trend anyway) Amber Lee Ettinger and BarelyPolitical.com productions have come up with a new way to reach the MTV generation (haha I use that loosely) with a music video about love....
Yes love not just of politics but of the politicians themself.
Check out "I Gotta Crush On Obama"
I swear what will they think of next. It's unbelievable the amount of attention being received from this video.
Obama's campaign said they had no affiliation with this project.
So having pushed the envelopes of everything else, why not politics?
Vote 2008.
Wanna know more about Obamagirl and support his campaign. Get some t-shirts and read up at www.barelypolitical.com!
1 comment:
I don't get that Drew shirt...
Post a Comment