Perhaps celebs are telling the truth about the media making them look bad and not revealing who they really are. The humdrum sing-song chorus of "Yeah-yeah-whatever" from us mere mortals seems to be put in a position of correction. Having watched the premeire of God knows what season of Simple Life, I found myself once again hooked on the hilariously rude but kind-hearted pair as they helped a camp of fatties try to lose weight, then after much complaining about the food at the health camp decided to attach the camp director's car to the locked up fridge in the barn and break it open (unsuccessfully to say the least). What can I say about these 2? It's more of a love-to-hate relationship with Americans. I personally just love 'em. Here in this clip they bonded with the overweights at a bon-fire and entered into a deep (at least for their standards) discussion. I found this interesting because 1) I've always wondered how the media labeling weight issues so easily on these celebrities effects their mindset and 2)Nicole actually comes off intelligent and makes valid points. I guess I found this shocking because all the media ever portrays of these two is being stupid, slutty, party girls when really other than having been born into money they're no different from us (okay so forget the Paris porn tapes). I found this show more or less humanizes them. And aren't celebrities after all just like us? Humans? One of the women at the camp asked how Nicole dealt with the media and their scrutinizing of her eating habits:
Friday, June 1, 2007
Media Manipulation: Reality or Perception?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment