Human beings are evil, conceited things confined to their own unnerving habits filled with narcissism and selfishness.
And I am enslaved to the mind of one, guilty of the same pleasures of indulgence and self-fulfillment.
When I come to this realization and catch myself, I am shamed in my own skin. I am ashamed of what I am. I try to evolve. I try to become something more highly advanced. And there are times I even convince myself I'm better than all humankind and beyond such thoughts and that my cause and purpose is so much greater than the human race itself. But I soon settle down in my arrogance only to discover that I've only sunk deeper and lower into those very same intemperate thoughts which I claimed to denounce as uncivilized. It humbles me and I realize that I am lowest on the totem pole. I am the most primitive of all beings.
I try and I try to break free of the fate that chains my mind but....
Sometimes the struggle drives me mad......
No comments:
Post a Comment